Undivided, We Become Strong
Dr. Aihan Kuhn
I was never interested in politics, but this does not mean I don't care. I care about our community, our Country, our people, and our environment. I care about people's health, their emotions, their suffering, and their loss. Sometimes I feel helpless because I am limited to what I can do to change the situation no matter how hard I try. This year is a special year with the Covid-19 outbreak. It is a disaster. Usually, when a disaster happens, people come together, help each other, to deal with the disaster, but not this time. The most frustrating thing is that I have never seen the division in this Country between people, between government, between races, and between families. Is this what we want? I don't think so. As a holistic doctor and teacher for so many years, one thing I am continually teaching is that negative emotions surely affect our health and life. The division can only create more negative emotions.
I cannot control the government, but I have a voice. Theoretically, the government works for the people (it is supposed to), bring people together, listen to people, solve the problems that people have. When there is a crisis, the government is the first to make smart decisions to guide people in the right direction. On the other hand, we, the people, support our government, do the right thing. Sometimes we do need to sacrifice, both government and people. But, this is not what we see this year.
Let's move forward, let the past go, and start our new practice of being together with harmony, peace, teamwork, unity, and compassion. No matter who you are, we eat the same foods, breath the same air, drink the same water, drive on the same road, wear the same clothes, do the same housework, and have the same goal of making a living. We are not much different besides job, income, and race. Having different jobs, incomes, or races should not be the reason to divide us. What if we try to remove "selfish," "greedy," "judgmental," ................., we may have undivided humanity and an undivided nation. We can create unity, and this unity can restore our reputation in the world. If we are undivided, we learn from each culture, each language, learn different ways of doing things. This practice can make us feel good, and feeling good creates positive vibrations that promote healing, wellbeing, and long time happiness. When we are united, no one can break us.
We can move forward; we can make changes, we can care for each other, and we can show the world that we are a nation able to correct our mistakes. I always feel bad when hearing people from other Countries says to me, "What is wrong with the United States?" Sometimes I feel sad because I felt so good coming to this Country in 1989 and never experiences things like this. Should I go back? No, I have a duty, and I have so much work to do because I want to see things getting better, and I believe we can change for the better. We will reverse this situation and rebuild our reputation. We have to work together and work as a team, not in divided groups. We can have different opinions, which is how we learn from each other. But our goal is the same: create a Unity. Put it this way, when one group suffers; it will soon affect other groups. Therefore we must work together, including US citizens and people from all over the world. Again, we want to learn from different cultures, and we cherish this opportunity.
Here is what we can do:
1. Always think about what we can do to create unity;
2. Always think what we can do to protect our environment, reduce pollution, reduce toxins, and re-use or avoid anything harmful to the earth;
3. Say hi to anyone you walk by, does not matter if you get a Hi back;
4. Try to make friends from other cultures, other races, learn from the culture, and respect the culture.
5. Don't be afraid of asking for help or provide help. One person says No does not mean everyone will say no.
6. Practice "Less," practice "Simple." This way, we have less to worry about, more time for our learning. Simplify things helps to clear our mind and make life a lot easier. In addition, you may realize you can live in any situation and never feel "poor."
7. Take care of ourselves on a daily basis, not always point fingers to other people. Focus on positive energy, not negative energy. If we all do this way, there will be less and less negative energy. When feeling anger, start to practice slow and deep breathing. This is the foundation of Qi Gong.
8. Moral code should be the basis of human behavior. Without moral code, you will never be a good person no matter how much money you have.
9. Follow your common sense of what is right and what is wrong. Making the right choices, making the right friends, eating the right foods, and say the right words. When an epidemic happens, the right thing helps prevent being affected by the virus: mask, distance, washing hands, and avoid joining the crowds.
10. Keep in mind these words: Love, Peace, Harmony, Unity. You will always have a good life.
I am still working as a volunteer doing work as the president of Tai Chi & Qi Gong Healing Institute (www.taichihealing.org). If you believe in me, I invite you to visit our website: taichihealing.org. I welcome anyone who becomes a member of the Tai Chi & Qi Gong Healing Institute to get health and healing benefits.
I look forward to welcoming you!
Keep in mind: Undivided, we become strong!
If you like this article, please share it with others and the world. I thank you in advance for sharing.